Sunday, 14 December 2014

2. Christmas Traditions

On the second day of Christmas my true love game to me: Christmas traditions. Every year my family has a number of little family traditions that we do every year, without fail. They're a bit strange and I have no idea where they started or why but I love them nonetheless.

  • on Christmas Eve, every year since before I can remember, we have read the Teddy Bear's Night Before Christmas. In fact, we have read it so many times now I know quite a bit of it off by heart.
  • in the lead-up to Christmas we make Reindeer biscuits! They are super cute and super yummy and we do it every year. In fact, we're making some tomorrow so I will be sure to blog about it. 
  • we leave Santa coke and biscuits. I once told my parents that Santa was not allowed to drink and drive, hence the leaving of coke instead of traditional beer.
  • on Boxing Day morning, we eat Sticky Date Pudding for breakfast. I don't know why, but I'm not complaining.
  • on the day of Chrissy, we always always have crepes for breakfast. We get out the cream, the frozen berries, maple syrup, banana, sugar, cinnamon, the works. It's so delicious!
  • there is a Santa. Someone will act as Santa and hand out all the presents to everyone else in the family before finally getting to sit and open their own.

So, what little family traditions does your family have at Christmas?
Tynnika