Tuesday, 13 January 2015

Book Review: The Prophecy of the Gems

Hi everyone!
Before I begin, I'll admit it. I haven't read this book in sometime and it is an old childhood favourite. This is, in fact, a review that I've edited from 2012. So forgive me for how terrible it is, but I really want to share with you one of the books that made my childhood special.

It was actually a giant fluke that I found this book. When I go to libraries and can't find anything to read I generally stand in front of a shelf, close my eyes and pull out a random book. Sometimes they're good, and sometimes they're not. This was how I found the Prophcey of the Gems. On first glance of the cover I thought it would be quite childish and immature. In spite of this I borrowed the book out to read. Holy moly did I end up loving it. Truly, I did. The suspense, intrigue and fantasy that came within the pages of the book had me hooked. Flavia used a language that made me feel like I was there alongside the tree protagonists: Jade, Opal, and Amber. I was there watching the whole thing unfold. When I finished, I looked this book up I saw it had a lot of negative criticism. I can't understand why? It was a delightful tale about trust, love, destiny, and staying true to yourself.
I recommended this book to many of my friends over the years, and they have all immensely enjoyed it.
Seriously, just read it. You won't regret it.

Tynnika