Sunday, 27 December 2015

My Christmas!

Hi everyone!

I hope you all had a very merry Christmas - I know I did! Like last year, we had a very chilled out day and because our family is all away at the moment, I spent Christmas with just my parents and my sister, Kiara.

As is tradition we started our morning with crepes! I actually remembered to take a photo this year (be proud) to share with you all. Of course, I only remembered the first and its not even the most spectacular looking.

The table in the morning and me very impatiently waiting for everyone else

This is probably my favourite way to eat crepes: cinnamon, sugar and lemon juice. It tastes incredible! We also had banana, frozen berries, cream and maple syrup which all taste absolutely delicious. (Yes that is a hot chocolate even though I live in Australia. The weather was a crazy 25 degrees or something which meant I could actually enjoy a hot drink)

We then basically just lazed around all day, reading (we are a very bookish family and so Christmas always means new books) and just chilling out which was really nice. Dinner meant a roast and ham, along with salads and I enjoyed it a lot!

Here's the table for dinner

We started with prawns accompanied by lime, pepper and salt. Basically, you squeeze out the lime juice and mix it in with the salt and pepper and it is the best dipping sauce for prawns that you will ever have. 

Dinner with cabbage salad, garden salad, roast lamb and potatoes with gravy and mint jelly, and smoked ham.

Sorry for the funny angle, but this is a slice of key lime pie with coconut cream for desert. (No sticky date on Christmas day this year, I had already made it for the dinner with my friends and so my family got the leftovers from that)

Here's our very bad Christmas selfie, complete with Sulley. 

If you're curious, for Christmas I got a couple of books, two Disney movies, a new calendar, a laptop case, a new charm for my bracelet, and with CD soundtrack of Wicked, and two pairs of pyjamas. So thank you Mum and Dad!!

What did you get for Christmas this year?
Tynnika