Saturday, 16 January 2016

Beach + Movies + Books = Perfection

Hi everyone!

It's been a little while since I have seen some of my friends, with a hectic work schedule and our lives all taking very different paths following graduation. But we set a day and a few of us met up at Cotton Tree to spend the afternoon lazing around on the beach. We are very lucky that where we live has some amazing beaches and the weather was perfect.

We swam out to the sand bank, through the ridiculous current, and it was a very serious workout (I skipped yoga that night...)

Obligatory selfie with terrible lighting





We also went to the movies and saw The Fifth Wave. It is based off a book by Rick Yancey, which I have yet to read (I really want to now) and we thought looked like our best option. Little did we know that we were seeing it on the opening day and ended up right down the front... 
I enjoyed the movie a fair bit, it kept me on the edge of my seat and I was so anxious for the characters the entire way through. Definitely an entertaining movie and it has made me want to read the book. My only complaint was that it was slightly too predictable - I was able to guess almost all the twists and turns, and there were several plot holes. (Hello, did anyone else not realise how convenient some of their situations were?) Still enjoyed it though. OH and Evan was not bad on the eyes at all... 

QBD was having huuuge sales and I went a little crazy in the book store. I have to admit though, I am very proud of how much self control I had. But I'll be doing a whole book haul post soon (waiting for a couple from the Book Depository and then it will be up) so keep your eyes out!

I had a great day and look forward to hanging out with some good friends again next week.

Tynnika