Tuesday, 26 January 2016

Italy: The Lead-up and Flights

Hi everyone!

Recently I have been absolutely desperate to travel - I want to get out and see the world, explore new cultures and countries and better understand the world around me. I've planned out many a trip, but unfortunately I'm a poor student, who needs to save to get through uni.

Because of this want to travel I've been reminiscing about my time in 2013 when I was lucky enough to travel to Italy with my best friend and the school. I've never actually told you guys about that trip and what better time than now? This is a very exciting series of posts for me and I cannot wait to share some amazing memories with you all!

This was the very first picture from our trip as we were driving to the airport. You can tell we were super excited! I can remember that we had waited months and months for this day to arrive and it felt sort of like a dream when we actually got to go.
Suitcases had been packed, passports organised, and we'd done our best to work on our basic Italian conversational skills.

The international departures at Brisbane airport - there was excited smiles all around from everyone but several tears from the parents! A note on the clothes: a lot of people wear fancy stuff to the airport but I wasn't up for that. I like to be comfy. So I wore my comfiest closed in shoes, a pair of soft, baggy pants, and my Superman shirt (and a jumper in my carry on!)


While we waited for the plane we of course got a bite to eat...

I think we were a little crazy with excitement!

This is actually on the plane now. We had a flight from Brisbane to Dubai and then Dubai to Rome. It was over 30 hours of travelling but so so worth it!

Some delicious plane food (people actually like this stuff?)


Here's an absolutely terrible photo of me but I wanted to talk about this muffin. It's apple and cinnamon and was absolutely delicious! Thank you Dubai airport for such a wonderful muffin. 

On our way to Rome

Finally landed in Rome!

Here we are waiting for our bus to pick us up and take us to our hotel on the Amalfi Coast. We were all very sleepy after so much travelling!

And this was the first purchase in Italy - as well as some arancini balls but they were of course eaten straight away. 

I hope you have enjoyed the first post - a new one will be up very soon detailing our time in Pompeii!
Tynnika

P.S If you can't wait for the post you can find our Facebook blog here which we kept whilst in Italy.