Sunday, 31 January 2016

My Favourite Things: January

Hi everyone!

I have never done a favourites post, simply because I didn't think anyone would enjoy them as I don't wear makeup and all these sorts of posts seem to be centered around beauty. But I've decided screw it - 2016 is the year I share my favourites with you all. I'm sure there are some of you out there, who like me, don't actually wear make up!

1. Face Wash: Garnier Pure Active Daily Cleansing Gel Wash
I say I'm not doing beauty, and yet my first item is a product... But there's a reason! My Mum and I have been using this facewash for quite a long time and I promise you it is the most amazing face cleansing product you will ever use. I went a week without it recently, and it was immediately spots galore which tells me it has been doing its job! I use this facewash every night in the shower by lathering it between my hands and then giving my face a good scrub. You can feel that your face is cleaner straight away and I love it. To mix it up, Mum and I tried the grapefurit "energising" one recently, but it was no where near as good and spots started to appear. I can't tell you about the chemicals or anything, I can't say I've looked into it and I honestly don't mind that much - I love this product.





2. Perfume: Meow by Katy Perry

Someone sprayed this in maths class once and from across the room I could tell that it was incredible. Now, I'm not even a fan of Katy Perry but her Meow perfume is sooo amazing. I'm not sure how to describe the scent, but it is pretty strong and more of a sweeter sort of scent. I use this most days and I love it. Plus the bottle is really cute, which is an added bonus.




3. Book: Game of Thrones

Anyone who knows me will know that I love the TV series Game of Thrones. So of course, with me being the avid reader I am, I decided to read the books thinking I would love them just as much. And I really really do! Although I know what happens because of the show, I still feel all the emotions that George R R Martin wants me to feel, and I am still shocked and sad when people die (okay but I didn't realise so many died all at once - book three was a little crazy). It's definitely different to anything I have read before and I love it. I think my favourite book so far is the second part of the third book, A Storm of Swords: Blood and Gold.





4. Mug
This is going to seem very random but this is a list of my favourite things and I have been loving this mug. I picked it up from Aldi of all places for $3 or so and I cannot get enough of it. I mean, I don't drink tea or coffee so it's probably weird that I love mugs so much, but I will continue to drink my juice from them quite happily. But seriously guys, its Disney on a mug. Isn't it cute?



5. Movie: City of Ember
The movie I loved this month is a very random one and that is City of Ember. It's basically a middle grade Dystopian story that centers around to children. Hundreds of years ago, the whole city was sent to Ember because there was a so-called apocalypse outside. So they built this city which functions because of a giant generator - their only source of light is electricity. But they've been down there too long and everything is beginning to fail and these to kids think they have found a way out. I enjoyed myself a lot while watching this movie and I couldn't help but sit on the edge of my seat hoping everything turned out okay for these two kids. I've also found out it's a book series so I definitely want to get onto that.


6. Food: Jalna Yoghourt Pot Set
These tubs of yoghurts are so so so amazing! Mum randomly decided to try them to take to work, and they turned out to be incredible. They aren't too sweet like most yogurts are - I think it's actually Greek yoghurt. They have little bits at the bottom too of the flavour; the passionfruit has little bits of the fruit and the coconut flavour has small shavings of actual coconut and it's just the greatest thing ever. They're also the perfect size to fill me up so it's a win win here.

So there you have it, just a couple of things I have loved over the month of January. I hope you enjoyed this post and I look forward to writing more in the future!
Tynnika