Friday, 1 January 2016

New Year's Resolution

Hi everyone!

As it is now the New Year, this is the time when people begin to think of resolutions, and commitments they want to make in the year that never really get stuck to. I personally have never been one to make a New Year's Resolution, but this year I thought there was something very important that I needed to address and commit myself to and that is individuality.

2016 is the year when you need to live your life un-apologetically as yourself. There is an important Dr Seuss quote that I think sums it up very well:

"Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!"

There is no use living life to please others or conforming to the demands of society.  Because at the end of the day that is not what is going to make you happy and you are not going to get the most out of your life. We have limited time on this Earth, and I hate to say it, but we do only live once. If you want to wear something - wear it. Did someone make fun of your taste in music? Who cares - it is what you love and no one can take that away from you. Live your life without shame and live for yourself and both your attitude towards life and your happiness will raise. Hell, if you secretly love Twilight, embrace it!

Be yourself and be an individual.

So this is my resolution of the year and I invite all of you to join me.
Tynnika