Sunday, 17 January 2016

The Year Ahead

Hi everyone!

Today I am here to share some very exciting news: I GOT INTO UNI!!
Basically, through all of Year 11 and Year 12, those of us who wanted to get into university straight up worked towards getting the best possible OP, with 1 being the highest and 25 the lowest. We had to do a test, and our class grades held weight in the calculations as well. I ended up with a 6 which was better than I expected, and the degree I want to study at uni had an OP of 8. Even though I was definitely above the threshold, I was still very nervous that I wouldn't get my first preference.

But I did and it's all very very exciting right now, picking my classes for the coming semester and enrolling, sorting out orientation and buying my supplies.

For those of you interested, I will be studying a double degree at the University of Queensland, which is four years long and is a Bachelor of Journalism and a Bachelor of Arts, where I'm majoring in International Relations and French.

I'm not sure how frequently my blog posts will be in the coming year as this is all obviously very new and very different but I will try my best. Perhaps I might even do some uni posts after a while? Who knows!

Tynnika