Saturday, 20 February 2016

Book Tag: Courtship

Hi everyone!

I enjoyed writing the last book tag so much that I've decided to do another one, and this time it is the Book Courtship Tag by Hi I Love Books, and I cannot wait to answer these questions. Hopefully you enjoy these tags too, and let me know in the comments how you would answer each of the questions or link me to your own blog/video - I would love to see them!

Phase 1 - Initial Attraction: A book that you bought because of the cover

I didn't actually buy this book for the cover, I don't generally do that, but I did borrow it out from the library solely because the cover was gorgeous. And that's The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long (seriously, just look at it - I love it). It was more than just a good cover though, as I ended up absolutely loving the book and I gave it 5/5 stars on Goodreads. I have also since bought the book and it is looking very beautiful on my bookshelf.

Phase 2 - First Impressions: A book that you got because of the summary 

A book I bought because of the summary was More Than This by Partick Ness. It sounded very intriguing and the premise was nothing like anything I had ever read before so I decided to buy it. I have still not read it so I don't actually know what happens but based on the summary alone (that's all I've ever read about it) it sounds amazing!

Phase 3 - Sweet Talk: A book with great writing 

A book with great writing was All the Truth That's in Me by Julie Berry. It was written in second person, which was something I had never encountered before. The way Berry wrote was completely haunting and compelling and it kept me hooked the whole way through! The story was told in fragments, and often jumps between different time frames but it all just worked so well. I cannot rave about how well crafted this book is enough.

Phase 4 - First Date: A first book of a series which made you want to pursue the rest of the series

I was tempted to pick Harry Potter, but I have resisted! Instead I am going to go with Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. I adored the first book so much. I thought the way the vampires were written was so different to anything else I had read or heard of, and I loved the characters and story line so much that I was desperate to read the rest of the series.

Phase 5 - Late night phone calls: A book that kept you up all night long

I have read many many books over the years that have kept me up long into the night, but the most recent was A Storm of Swords: Blood and Gold by George R R Martin. I have the editions of Game of Thrones which splits up book three, and so this was the second installment. This book was so intense, there were so many deaths and plots and agendas that it made for a very fascinating and gripping read.

Phase 6 - Always on my mind: A book that you could not stop thinking about

Some books stick in my head for a week or so after I read them and I could make many a mention of those. But I've decided to share a book that I think about years after I have read it. That book is Chinese Cinderella by Adeline Yen Mah, which is a biographical novel she wrote to allow children to read about her story growing up. It was quite eye-opening for little 11 year old Tynnika when she first read this book and slowly began to realise that the world wasn't all great and that there was so much more to learn - so many different cultures, times and places. This is a book I still think about a lot at very random times and I think it is fantastic.

Phase 7 - Getting Physical: A book in which you love the way it feels

This is a little difficult to convey over a blogpost, but the book I love the way it feels would have to be my copy of The Luxe by Anna Godbersen. It's one of those paperbacks that is very floppy and if you open it flat on the ground it will stay open by itself without cracking the spine or anything (the best kind of paperbacks basically). But the cover is what I love. It has a sort of matte finish but it's not smooth like matte normally is and it just feels amazing.

Phase 8 - Meeting the Parents: A book in which you would recommend to your friends and family

A book I have recommended to my family in the past was The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and all four of us have now read the books and seen the movies and we all love it! If that doesn't count, I would probably recommend they The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak.

Phase 9 - Thinking about the future: A book or series that you know you'll re-read many times in the future 

There is, of course, no other answer to this question that Harry Potter by J K Rowling. Because I am 100% going to read these books again, probably even this year.

Phase 10 - Share the love!!! Who would you like to tag?

I tag every single one you reading this post to do the Courtship tag, and if you do it, leave a link in my comments because I would love to check out your answers!

Tynnika