Saturday, 27 February 2016

I've Been Buying More Books...

Hi everyone!

As you may or may not know, I am a huge book lover and I have absolutely no self control when it comes to buying books. Over the past month or two, I've bought several books that I want to share with you and so here we are (This isn't even all of them, but I've already mentioned the Fifth Wave in a post and I bought my sister a book so it didn't really count).

My first purchase was back in January when QBD was having absolutely incredible sales. This box set was $14.95 and it is absolutely gorgeous! It holds a collection of classics which I will showing you next.

The first book is an absolutely gorgeous edition of Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. I love the way this book looks and I cannot wait to read it!

It also has Dracula by Bram Stoker, one of the most famous vampire stories in history.

I actually read this one the other day and I really really enjoyed it! Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, is what some people consider a horror, but I read it as a book that examines the effect that the human race tampering with nature can do. Because what Frankenstein created was incredible, but it was also horrifying and absolutely saddening. 

The box set also has Little Women by Louisa May Alcott and I am so pleased to finally have this book on my shelves.

There's also Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, and alike to Wuthering Heights I absolutely love the feeling and tone the cover brings to this book.

And finally in the box set is The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. Please everyone, just take a second to fully appreciate the colours and design of this cover. It is stunning!

Also in the sales that day I bought Inside HBO's Game of Thrones Seasons 3 & 4. As much as I love my TV shows and movies and everything, I never buy these books because they are so outrageously expensive. But this was marked down from $45 to $12.99. How could I turn down a bargain like that?!

I have finally bought the last Game of Thrones book! Being the cheapskate I am, I didn't want to spend another $40 getting the next installment (I can only ever find it in the split version) and so I went hunting in a second hand bookstore and here we are/

I got my next Anne of Green Gables book, continuing with these beautiful editions. I'm going to be so sad if you can;t get them all like this - the spines together look so great.

This is an old childhood favourite. I've never read the whole series because I can't find it anywhere, but I finally got a hold of the first book!

This is the only Fallen book I did not have and now my series is complete! (Although I see there's some new book about Cam, I'll have to look into that) It's kind of infuriating though, because every single book I own in this series is a different height. How did that happen??

I also completed by Vampire Academy series, by buying 5th book (finally). Maybe my sister will finally finish reading these now.


I bought Kiara and I an old favourite of ours as children - the Mysteries series by Enid Blyton. $10 for 3 books in one was too good to pass up!

My last book to show you may be a little random but it is my very first uni textbook. It's for my International Relations course and cost me a ridiculous amount of money so I better be getting my use out of it.

And there we have it everyone - the books I've been buying recently. Have you bought a book this month, and if so, what was it?

Tynnika