Monday, 29 February 2016

My Favourite Things: February

Hi everyone!

Yes, I know this is late but lets all pretend it was published on the right day ;). Basically, I've been crazy busy with uni starting and blog writing for whatever reason, seemed slightly too daunting for me to tackle during the week. But here I am - ready to share with you what I loved in February. (For those who are new here - if you're looking for a makeup-y or beauty kind of favourites, you are well and truly in the wrong place).

Clothing: Converse shoes
These shoes are so incredible I think I could talk about them for hours and hours. Basically, with uni starting I am going to be doing a lot of walking and I will be in a pair of shoes for long periods of time. But I didn't have very many comfortable shoe options and I have wanted a pair of converse for a while now. So when I went on a slight shopping spree I was absolutely delighted to find this pair in a gorgeous burgundy colour. My whole wardrobe mainly consists of black, white, grey, and burgundy so they fit in perfectly! I have worn them a couple of times now and they have been great, and I am very happy with this purchase. (They were a bargain too! $59!!)


Movie: How To Train Your Dragon
I know, I know I'm a little slow to watch this one but it's never late than never, right? I don't know what I was expecting going into this movie but I was completely blown away by it. The characters were all relate-able, humourous, and entertaining. I loved Toothless, and I thought the plot and themes were very advanced for a children's movie, making it both entertaining for adults and children. Absolutely fantastic, and needless to say I watched the second straight after!




Product: Body Shop's Grapefruit Body Mist
This body mist/perfume/whatever is a very fresh and light scent that I have been loving throughout summer. It is my favourite scent of the body shop line, and this is a bottle I've had for years and I will be very sad when I reach the end as I don't think they sell this particular product anymore. It is slightly sweet, but not cloyingly so, and is perfect for a summer, or spring, day.




TV Show: The 100
Honestly, do not even get me started on this show. I am completely and utterly obsessed about it. I haven't loved something this intensely in a while and it's fantastic. Two of my good friends Fiona and Juade watch it, so I decided - why not try it? Thank god I did! I love the characters. the plot, and I find the constant conflict on morality and humanity to be very intriguing and refreshing in a TV show. Seriously, go watch it. A++ show. (ALTHOUGH: S3E7 - if anyone has seen it, flick me a tweet on twitter, comment or whatever. I need to discuss this with someone. I have so may thoughts swirling around my mind and I need to tell someone or I may explode.)



Book: Simon vs. the Home Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli

This book is a fast favourite of my sister and she kept recommending it to me, and so this month I finally gave in and picked it up. IT WAS SO CUTE AND FLUFFY AND SWEET. It's basically about two guys who anonymously email each other, and they know that they go to the same school but they don't know who the other is. It's a love story, and it's gorgeous. I highly recommend if you are looking for something sweet and lighthearted. (So totally called who the other guy was btw)




Music: Shawn Mendes
Through my love of The 100 I also discovered a new artist who I've been loving! His name is Shawn Mendes and he is 17 years old, which is pretty crazy. I looked him after he sang a song on The 100 and I love his music. I connect to all the lyrics and his style is right up my alley.

What did you love in February?
Tynnika