Sunday, 31 July 2016

My Favourite Things: July

Hi everyone!

It's been a while since I have done one of these posts, but I'm determined to make this happen every month for the rest of the year (cross your fingers). I loved a lot in July though so I am super keen to share it with you all.





My first favourite this month is something that is a little (very) different to what I would normally wear and that is a leather jacket! It's not proper leather but it feels super soft and looks really great on (or so I think anyway). I bought the jacket on sale from Dotti, and I think this is the one I got, and if not it is pretty similar.
I actually really really love it! As I've said it is very different to what I would normally go for but the black is super versatile with my wardrobe and I have honestly been wearing it  whenever I go out.
(I've also discovered while trying to take an okay photo of me that I look really awkward in all of them - but thank you Kiara for trying)






Okay so this one may not count because as I am writing this, it is the only book I have read in July. But I'm adding it in my favourites anyway because I really enjoyed it and it is a favourite of mine from a few years ago.
The Luxe by Anna Godbersen basically follows the rich elite young adults of New York in 1899 and it is all about their scandals and power struggles and forbidden romances. Some call it shallow, and it may be a slight guilty pleasure read, but I absolutely adored it.
I highly recommend this book if you are looking for something fun and easy to read.








I go through stages of really intensely loving one particular album and I will literally listen to it over and over and over. This past week or two, I have been obsessed with the soundtrack from Atonement. It is composed by Dario Marianelli who has composed some brilliant music for great movies over the years (Pride and Prejudice, Anna Karenina) and I really like this one. The use of the typewriter in the music is such a great nod to the storyline and it works so well. I particularly like the song Elegy for Dunkirk - very emotional and haunting and it is a fantastic piece.






I mentioned in my Birthday haul that I got the Bvlgari Rose Esentielle for my Birthday, and I have been loving it this month. It's a kind of musky scent that I really do not know how to describe but I absolutely adore it.
I have received several comments now on how great I smell while wearing this and it has quickly become my favourite perfume of all time. If you're looking for a new perfume definitely give this one a go!







I don't know if I have mentioned before, but it is a goal of mine to move to Brisbane for university so I don't have to keep commuting. So I have been collecting home wares for it since Grade 11 now and I already have a dinner set. But I saw these bowls at a news agency of all places and I couldn't resist. They are honestly the greatest bowls I have ever seen. I got plates too but I think the bowls are my favourite.
They are so cute and it's a little wild for me that they don't match each other!
Mum got some too and I cannot describe to you how much joy I have gotten out of using these.




And there we have it - my favourites for July! I hope you've all enjoyed reading about what I loved this month and if any of you had something you adored then please share.
Tynnika