Saturday, 20 August 2016

Book Tag: Cake

Hi all!

Today we are combining two of my favourite things, reading and baking, in another book tag. Yes, it's that time of the month already and this month we have the Book Cake Tag which I found over at SpinesandCovers. I'm really looking forward to doing this one actually, so let's go!

Flour: a book that was slow in the beginning, but then really picked up 
For this one, I think I am going to say The Light Between Oceans by M L Stedman. This book was quite slow all round, but it definitely picked up in the second half when the story-line began to unfold pretty quickly and it all got very dramatic. Definitely a great read and I immensely enjoyed it, though I can see that it would not be everyone's cup of tea.

Butter: a book that has a really good rich plot
When I think of great plots, I think of Game of Thrones by George R R Martin. I mean, have you read those books? Every single book has many different plotlines going at the same time and the best part is that they all intertwine with each other. It can definitely be confusing sometimes, but Game of Thrones has one of the "richest" plots I have read.


Eggs: a book you thought you weren't going to like but ended up loving
I literally have no idea why I thought this, but for some reason I had it in my head that I wouldn't like We Were Liars by E Lockhart. Maybe I had heard too much hype and thought it was too good to be true? I really don't know, but I really really enjoyed it and ended up devouring it in a couple of hours.

Sweet: a super sweet book
A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall. Nothing can compare to the overwhelmingly sugary sweetness of that book. It was a book that made you want to squeal and giggle the whole way through because it was just so darn cute.

Icing: a book that covers everything you enjoy in a book
This is a really tricky question for me because I like a lot of books and it is all for different reasons. Some I like because of their slow moving nature, others because of my guilty pleasure trope (starcrossed lovers/forbidden romance - sue me), and others because of how intense they are. So this is tough. Maybe The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski because it has the political intrigue, forbidden romance, action and a slow moving plot?

Sprinkles: a book that you can turn to to make you feel better
I was going to say Harry Potter, but I think it would actually be Heidi by Johanna Spyri. I just have to pick up my copy of that book and I feel better. Definitely some serious nostalgia from my childhood!

Cherry on top: the best book you've read so far this year
Okay this question is just cruel! I've read so many books this year and they have all been great in their own right. I just went through my Goodreads challenge and there are so many good ones I can't choose. I'll do a couple of honourable mentions though if that counts? A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas was incredible, as was All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. I also really liked Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin and Me Before You by Jojo Moyes (sorry, I seriously cannot just pick one).

As always, I hope you enjoyed this tag and if you would like to do it, then I am tagging you. Link me your answers/blog below and I will for sure go and check it out! I love hearing how other people answer these questions.

Tynnika