Wednesday, 31 August 2016

My Favourite Things: August

Hi everyone!

We are back at that time where I share with you what I have been loving during the month. Honestly, where has the time gone? I can hardly believe that tomorrow is already September!
I struggled a little bit with picking my favourites this month - most because I still love what I did last month. Honestly, I am ridiculously obsessed with that Atonement soundtrack. Nevertheless, I did love some different things as well and I hope that you enjoy hearing about them.

The first thing doesn't have a picture because it was the Olympics! I'm sure you all know that the Olympics were this month and I have to say I really really enjoyed watching it. Anyone who knows me will know that I don't do sports and I don't follow any sports (aside from the Australian Open every summer) but I think the Olympics is my second exception. It was really cool getting to watch so many different sports that you wouldn't get to see and I loved sitting around with my family every evening to watch it.




My favourite book this month would definitely have to be The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski. I read the first one earlier on and absolutely loved it but I then had to wait ages for my second book arrive. It was well worth the wait though and this final book was such a fantastic finale, I was blown away. I loved the characters and the complexity of the political intrigue and I especially loved that you never knew what was going to happen next.










I splurged a couple of weeks ago and bought a new lip balm - something I have not done in a long long time. It turns out there are a lot of options and I wasn't really sure what to pick but I remember Tanya Burr and Jim Chapman raving about them ages ago, so I picked up a Burt's Bees. I'm so glad I did because I absolutely love it! While it isn't the nicest smelling, it goes on really smooth and I love the consistency of it. I would definitely recommend this brand if you're looking for a new lip balm (although this one just went through the washing machine - are they still okay after that?)







JayJays is one of my favourite clothing stores of all time for two reasons - they have sizes small enough to look okay on me and I can buy nerdy shirts. Honestly, the Disney collection is out of control.
I was just walking past the other day, not planning on spending anything, when I saw a Hufflepuff shirt. Hufflepuff guys! I don't think you realise how rare it is to find house merch that looks okay for me, but JayJays has done it for me. And it was in 3XS so it sits okay on me. Yay!
I finally have a Harry Potter shirt and I'm not even ashamed - honestly, having shirts of the things you love is the best feeling.


This is going to sound a little strange, maybe, to you - but I had a favourite day this month (it was Thursday the 25th if you want to be precise). Basically, the new Thor movie had been filming in the Brisbane CBD which was kind of a big deal because no one ever comes to Brisbane. So as you can imagine there were crowds of people. I had visited during the day after uni on Tuesday and Wednesday but it was just so crowded that I gave up straight away. Thursday though, I managed to bag a spot at the front of the barriers and I was not moving (originally I was going to go home at like 5 but anyway). I waited from 3:30 and then around 8pm or something ridiculous (I know I know judge me, I was there for ages) Chris Hemsworth came out! He was so so lovely and went around the whole area to make sure everyone got a photo and it was so exciting. He used my phone guys! I also saw Tom Hiddleston but my phone was dead and he completely skipped over me which was kind of sad, but he made sure to go around to everyone was so sweet. I'm still a little baffled that it happened and I cannot even remember what I said but it was a great time. I also managed to do this all on my lonesome, so none of my friends were there to help me deal with the big crowds or walk me home in the dark (which was terrifying) so I am really proud of myself.

And there we have it - the favourites of my month. It was a pretty good one and I am hoping that September is even better.

Tynnika