Wednesday, 7 September 2016

I Can Drive!

Hi everyone!

I'm not entirely sure what the driving process is in other countries, but in Australia it is pretty rigorous and I can finally say I have my red P's. Yay!
Basically, you have to have your learners (or L plates) for at least a year and you must do 100 hours of driving (including 10 night) supervised with someone on an open license. You can do this from 16 and for me, it honestly took the backseat during my hectic year 12 schedule.

To get your P's you have to do a practical driving test on the road, and I won't lie to you - I failed twice. But I got them last week and I am super duper proud. I can finally drive on my own and it feels really good. Honestly, I've just been given a crazy amount of freedom.

There are still a few restrictions (obviously) such as only having one non-family member under 18 between 11pm and 5am and that sort of thing. After I have my red p's for a year it is onto the green and I'm not sure how long I will have to have those for but anyway. We'll see when I get there!

I can't say I have actually really driven anywhere because I don't do anything but you know, I could if I wanted to.

Here's a cheesy picture of me holding my P plate - I was a little bit excited!

What are the rules like in your country and what process do you have to go through?
Tynnika