Thursday, 20 October 2016

Book Tag: Reading Habits

Hi everyone!

I am here today with another book tag - although is this really a surprise anymore? I post a book tag on the 20th of every month if you were wondering. This week isn't so much about books as it is about my reading habits. I haven't even read the questions yet so this could be interesting! I found The Reading Habits Book Tag at at The Reading Belle and you can find it here.

Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I don't actually, but I do read in my bed a lot. One day when I have my own house (and money I guess) I want a super big and comfy armchair in the corner of a cosy room which will be solely for reading - I cannot wait!

Bookmark or random piece of paper?
I usually use a bookmark but if I've randomly started reading a book I am definitely not opposed to random paper or receipts being used instead,

Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/a certain amount of pages?
I hate stopping in the middle of a paragraph! It is so irritating. I like to finish reading at the end of the chapter, but if that's not possible I try to find a natural break in the story rather than just stopping at random.

Do you eat or drink while reading? 
Yes I do and it is something I need to stop. I will, without fail, make a mess so I think it's time to keep eating and reading separate.

Multitasking - music or TV while reading?
I can read almost anywhere so having the TV on or anything doesn't really bother me. I do prefer silence though, or music without any words.

One book at a time or several at a time?
I used to be so bad with reading so many books at once but lately I have been sticking to just one at a time and it has been great so far.


Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere, for sure! I always carry a book with me.

Reading out loud or in your head?
In my head, always. I have something weird to share though and I'm sorry if this puts you off my blog forever but I need to tell someone. Sometimes when I'm reading (this is ridiculous oh my god) and a character winks or smirks or bites their lip or something, I do it too. It's so weird. I don;t do it in public or anything, but if I'm on my own I will for sure do it. I've tried not to a couple of times and I keep reading but then I feel weird and have to go back to the sentence and do it (I need the crying laughing emoji right now because this is so ridiculous). Sorry about the overshare there!

Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
I hate it when I do this, but sometimes in really intense scenes I get to impatient waiting to find out what happens and my eyes sometimes skip ahead a few paragraphs but I always have to go back and read what I skipped.

Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
I won't ever intentionally crack the spine but if it does crack I don't mind too much. It just means the books has been well loved!

Do you write in your books?
Aside from my name in the front cover, never ever ever.

I hope you enjoyed today's post (and weren't too weird-ed out by me) and as usual, if you do this tag I would love to hear your answers so leave a link down below and I will be sure to check it out.
Tynnika