Sunday, 27 November 2016

20 Facts About Me

Hi everyone!

I have no idea if any of you are frequent readers or if you are just popping over for the first time. Either way, I thought it might be nice for you all to get to know me a little bit as it has been a very long time since I last wrote a post like this. So I hope you enjoy learning 20 random facts about me!

This is me, for reference

1. I can play two instruments: the flute and piccolo. I would like to think I'm not too bad at them either, but I'm definitely better at the flute.

2. I can say with 98% certainty that I have misophonia - I get so intensely frustrated and annoyed by repetitive sounds that I could literally strangle someone at times. The worst ones include nail picking, loud eating, the dripping of a tap, whispering in the back of a lecture theater... I could honestly go on and on.

3. While it is ridiculously hard to pick a favourite book, if I had to choose it would for sure be Heidi by Johanna Spyri. It's a childhood favourite of mine and I still adore it to this day.

4. History was my favourite subject at school, and I'm loving learning about it at university. It's so fascinating learning about different cultures and different times. If I could do my whole degree in it I would. (not even going to lie, I'm seriously considering it but it doesn't really give me a lot of job prospects).

5. I don't like the food and drinks everyone else seems to love - coffee, tea, avocado, and coke being the main ones.

6. Much to my constant consternation, I am a very clumsy person. There's not a day that goes by where I don't trip or drop something or spill my drink!

7. I don't wear make-up

8. It is my dream in life to be able to travel the world - I've started a whole list on my phone and some of my favourites are the Swiss Alps, Cornwall in England, the Scottish Highlands, London, Paris... I might to a whole blog post on this actually because there are so many places I want to see.

Me having the time of my life in Italy 2013 - the trip that started it all (just search Italy in the search bar and you can read all about it)

9. If I could have any job, I would love to work in the publishing and editing industry, specifically for books.

10. Downton Abbey is possibly my favourite TV show of all time


11. I'm not really into fashion, but I love clothes and choosing what I'm going to wear. I've even recently warmed up to shopping!

12. I love Disney, but there's no way I could tell you what my favourite movie is - I love them all way too much.

13. My favourite Disney song, however, is "I See The Light" from Tangled - beautiful song, beautiful scene.

14. I am 160cm tall, which I think is 5 foot 3? I'm not too sure.

This picture probably shows it the best... To be fair, the two girls in black are wearing heels but I was too!

15. Crispy m&ms are totally superior to all other types of m&ms and as such are my favourite (they're all good though!)

16. My favourite animal is the Red Panda

17. I tried to think of a favourite movie to share but that has turned out to be surprisingly difficult. I think I'll have to say Dirty Dancing, but Sweet Home Alabama is a close second. They've been favourites of mine for years now and I will continue to watch them over and over

18. Nothing makes me happier than having a really nice diary. Mine this year was very disappointing as I left it too late, but don't worry because I already have the 2017 diary sitting on my desk!

19. If you couldn't tell from the theme of my blog, my favourite colour is blue.

20. I'm an avid reader of fanfiction and I am not ashamed to share that with you.

Well, I hope this was somewhat interesting and you enjoyed learning some random facts about me. What is a random fact about you? I would love to know in the comments below.

Tynnika