Sunday, 20 November 2016

Book Tag: Intergalacitc

Hi all!

I've written down so many book tags now that I actually had trouble choosing which one I would do this month. But we got there and I have chosen to do the Intergalactic Book Tag - I found it at SophietheBookworm. As usual I am procrastinating (it's so ridiculous, literally one more exam and then I'm free for three months) and as I cannot bring myself to do any uni work right now, I decided to do the tag post for you all.

Space: name a book that is out of this world - that takes place in a world different to our own
I honestly had a little bit of trouble with this question because there are so many books to choose from, but I've deiced to go a little unconventional with my answer. Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin is set in a world where Hitler (and Japan) won World War 2 and it was such a fantastic book I just needed another excuse to talk about it. I think it qualifies though.

Black Hole: name a book that completely sucked you in
Thinking back over what I have read this year, so far, I think the one that really grabbed my attention and refused to let go was Me Before You by JoJo Moyes. I started reading it on the way to uni one morning, and I literally could not put it down. Between lectures, during lunch, at the train station - I could not let go of it. It was so gripping (but not in the thriller book way) and I was so into it that whole day it took me to finish the book. Not gonna lie, I cried in public reading this one.


Light-speed: name a book you are anticipating so much that you wish you could travel at light-speed to get to it.
My sister introduced me to the wonderful world of Sarah J Maas, and I cannot wait for the next Court of Thorns and Roses to come out. The first book absolutely blew me away and then the second book raised the bar even higher so I cannot wait to get my hands on the next installment in a few months.

Nebula: name a book with a beautiful cover
This was really really tough as there are so many beautiful covers in this world. I've previously mentioned a book called The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long, but we're going with something different! At the moment I am really loving the cover for Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton. The colours and just everything is so aesthetically pleasing and I'm really enjoying looking at it on my bookshelf.

Multiverse: name a companion set or spin-off series you love
This is a no-brainer for me, because one of my all time favourite series is Bloodlines by Richelle Mead, which is a spin-off to Vampire Academy. If I'm being perfectly honest, I think I like Bloodlines better but both of them are amazing and I highly recommend both the series.

Gravity: name your favourite romance pairing that seem to have a gravitational pull towards each other
Sticking with Bloodlines, I really love Adrian and Sydney together. They have (to me anyway) really great chemistry together and their different personalities makes for an interesting match. I honestly adore these two.

The Big Bang: name the book that got you started on reading
This is an impossible question for me as I have been a very big reader since I was a young child. So there is definitely no concrete answer to it. Some stand outs from my childhood (aged around 10) would have to be every single Enid Blyton book (for example - The Famous Five, Malory Towers, St Clare's, The Magic Faraway Tree), Heidi by Johanna Spyri, The Saddle Club by Bonnie Byrant and Lily Quench and the Dragon of Ashby by Natalie Jane Prior. There was so many more though and that was just a tiny slice of my childhood - maybe I will do a whole post on this later?

Asteroid: name a short story or novella you love
Well this is awkward, because I don't actually think I have read a short story or novella.

Galaxy: name a book with multiple POV's
There was no other choice but to answer this with the king of all multiple points of view, and that is the Song of Ice and Fire series by George R R Martin, otherwise known as Game of Thrones. There's so many different view points but they all twine together to make one huge and fantastic storyline and the series is just great.

Spaceship: name a book title that would be a great name for a spaceship
Well this is a different question to the usual! We should get more of these. After a quick glance around my bookshelf I've found two: The Fiery Heart and Red Queen.

Aaand, that's all the questions for today. As usual I tag you all to do it, and I would love to hear what you have to say so link me your post (or video?) in the description below!

Tynnika