Wednesday, 30 November 2016

My Favourite Things: November

Hi everyone!

I'm not going to lie, I had a really hard time coming up with my favourites this month. I'm the sort of person who really loves the same things over and over, so I can pretty much guarantee that I still love everything in my previous favourites posts and wanted to talk about them again. But I have got a small list of things I loved during the month of November so I hope you enjoy!

I definitely think I'm the ultimate Granny right now, but I have been absolutely loving watching Escape to the Country. If you don't know what it is, the show is basically about people (usually relatively wealthy) who are living in the city and want to make a move to the English countryside. This show takes you around an option of houses that the buyers look out, adds some history of the area, and you basically get to just bask in how beautiful the countryside is. As a result, I kind of want to move there (it would never work out I'm not very good at being cold) and I love it. Highly recommend!

I've only read one book in the month of November (I know I know - I've been on holidays for two weeks, I'm being ridiculous!) and that was Blood For Blood by Ryan Graudin. I've definitely mentioned the first book Wolf by Wolf before. I don't want to spoil it for you as it is a sequel. but I will say it was a fantastic conclusion to the duology even if it ripped my heart out a little bit. The first book is basically about an alternative wold where Hitler and Japan won the Second World War, and every year there is a motorcycle race in honour of Hitler. A girl, who can change her appearance at will, enters the race disguised as someone else in a plot to kill Hitler. It's dramatic and it's absolutely amazing.






On a completely different note to that, I really loved the movie 10 Things I Hate About You this month. Kiara had never seen it before so when I saw it at Big W for $9, I could not resist. It's a really fantastic feel-good film that I honestly enjoy every time I watch it. To me it's definitely a classic and everyone should watch it at least once!






My final favourite of the month is a little bit different and doesn't actually have a picture. Basically, as it is the end of November (Kiara and I got our advent calendars on Sunday!) I have been feeling super Christmassy. But the thing I have been loving is buying people presents! I can go overboard (like I do for my sister every year) but it's so worth it to see their reactions. I'm almost done already (I hope you're impressed) with the shopping for my family, and the Secret Santa present for one of my friends, as is the tradition of our group. Basically, I'm having a lot of fun shopping for other people. I think I am definitely most excited to give Kiara hers - but I can't tell you what it is in case she reads this. Last year I took her to see Les Miserables for Christmas, so I hope this years is just as cool!

Sorry the list is a little shorter than usual, but it definitely was a case of loving all the old stuff this month. I hope you enjoyed reading about it anyway - what was your favourites this month?

Tynnika

P.S. I was just about to schedule this post when I realised my university results come out in a few hours - cue nervous me! (To be honest though, I don't really care about two of the courses. I''m just hoping I did well in my history)